Friday, August 30, 2013

Weekly Update

Household:

My next household project is to make some quilted coasters. I fussy cut 3 flowers from the same fabric, cut batting and backings for each, and made all of the binding strips. I had to double up on the batting because this stuff is so cheap that you can see through it in places.



I also started quilting one of the coasters. I'm quilting along the outline of the flower.





Blackwork:

I finished the fill pattern on Da Capo by Elizabeth Almond, outlined it, and did some of the star border on the next section.



Swedish Weaving:

I finished stitching the Feathers To and Fro afghan from Learn to Make Monk’s Cloth Afghans by Marilyn T. Magly. Now I just have to hem the ends.



Quilting:

I finished Part 8 of Nabby's Dowry, a sew-along by Pam Buda of Heartspun Quilts.



Crochet:

I did some more work on the star for the Purple Passion Throw designed by Vicki Marshall.



Cross Stitch:

Finally, I did some more work on the Rose Cross by Irene O. Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the captcha, folks, but when I turned it off I got a ton of spam. Also, all comments are moderated to prevent any internet nastiness. However, I'd love to hear from nice people who don't have anything to sell. :)