Thursday, June 30, 2011

Weekly Update - Bright Feathers

After deleting my browsing history and cookies twice, I was finally able to get into Blogger. Sorry about the late post.

I’m surprised at how much I got done this week considering that I neglected my needlework for several days due to illness. Hopefully now that I’m well I’ll get even more done each week.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Weekly Update - Bright Feathers

I made good progress this week despite missing a day stitching yesterday because I was ill. I fixed my mistake: all the ¾ and ¼ stitches are in the right place. Now, let’s just hope that I counted correctly on the border.


Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Weekly Update - Bright Feathers

It looks like I made pretty good progress on Bright Feathers.

Except… I’ve made a mistake.

See where the two hot pink triangles on the left meet the green? See the hot pink ¾ stitches and the green ¼ stitches? Well, it’s supposed to be the other way around. This is what happens when you’re tired and not paying close enough attention.

I’m going to have to frog* half of those hot pink triangles and redo them and make the green ¼ stitches into ¾ stitches. I’m just glad I caught it before I had done any more.

Oh well, just goes to show I’m human.

*Rip-it! Rip-it!

New Project - Bright Feathers

On Sunday, 6-12-11, I started stitching my Bright Feathers design. I’m stitching it on 28 ct. black Jobelan.

Here’s what I had done on Sunday.

I’ll post my progress so far later today after I’ve finished stitching while listening to Creative Mojo.

Finished Stitching - Tree Frog Trio

I’m a little behind on my blog posts – it’s been a busy week.

On Sunday, 6-12-11, I finished stitching the Tree Frog Trio designed by Royce B. McClure.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Weekly Update - Tree Frog Trio

The Tree Frog Trio was designed by Royce B. McClure.

I finished the “hear no evil” frog this week and started on the “speak no evil” frog. This project is going so quickly that I fully expect the stitching to be done by next week.

I discovered after I had finished the 2nd frog that I wasn’t going to have enough of the 2 shades of gray thread to finish the 3rd (a pox on all kits that don’t include enough materials!). Fortunately, the frogs are separated enough from each other that I can substitute DMC floss for those 2 grays in the 3rd frog and the slight color difference shouldn’t be too obvious.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Bored, Switching Projects

Like most needleworkers, I get bored easily and frequently switch projects or start new projects. Yesterday, I got bored with crocheting so I switched to a cross stitch project.

So far on the Morning Glory afghan designed by Michele Maks I have 12 purple flowers out of the 24 needed for the project (this is the correct number – I made an error in the original post). I also have 11 blue flowers out of 28, one of which needs the ends woven in, plus one that isn’t finished yet.

I’ve completed the embroidery on the 1st panel and have sewn on 3 of the flowers.

I’ve picked up another UFO to work on. It’s the adorable Tree Frog Trio by Royce B. McClure.  Here’s the original illustration that this design is based on: No Evil Frogs.

Here’s what I had done before starting work on it again yesterday.


Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Weekly Update - Morning Glory Afghan

The Morning Glory afghan was designed by Michele Maks.

I finished the crocheting on the 2nd panel this week.


I also got some more embroidery done on the 1st panel.

This morning I did 6 purple flowers and 2 blue flowers. As you can see, I still have to weave in the ends on the blue flowers.