Friday, June 19, 2015

Joy of Computer Work, Batik Cascade, Elements of Nature I, Step Afghan

Quilting:

I finally finished quilting Batik Cascade (Batik Go-Round) by Karen Combs!






And now we are so happy, we do the Dance of Joy!



Now I just have to do the binding. I think I'll take a break before tackling that, however.

Cross Stitch:

I did some more stitching on Joy of Computer Work which is based on artwork by Randal Spangler and adapted to cross stitch by Michele Sayetta of Heaven and Earth Designs. I didn't do any work on cleaning up the text this week.

I think the dragon has been playing video games for an awful long time -- his eyes are a bit bloodshot. Seriously, the "whites" of his eyes are stitched with a pale pink. Yet another example of why designers should always test their patterns. I think I'll leave them pink, though; it adds to the humor of the piece.



I also pulled out Elements of Nature I, which is adapted from the artwork of Jennifer Pugh.



Crochet:

Finally, I pulled out my step afghan again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the captcha, folks, but when I turned it off I got a ton of spam. Also, all comments are moderated to prevent any internet nastiness. However, I'd love to hear from nice people who don't have anything to sell. :)