Thursday, April 14, 2011

Intro / FAQs

*Insert banal introductory remarks here*

I’ve recently started designing cross stitch patterns, and some of my acquaintances have expressed a desire to see them. This blog will serve as a place to send those who enquire about my work and to share my designs with the world at large (read: show off). I’ll also be documenting my progress on my various needlework projects (read: showing off again).

I cross stitch, crochet, knit, and do blackwork. I have been known to do macramé (yes, I made a plant hanger), needlepoint, and latch hook. I’ve created original designs in cross stitch, knitting, and crocheting. I often combine knitting and crocheting in the same design.

I plan to post whenever I finish a new design. I may also post older designs or projects from time to time. I will also post a weekly update on whatever project I’m currently working on. The focus of this blog will be needlework, but I may digress from time to time.

I will do my best to credit the designers of the projects I post on this blog, but on some of the older items that may prove difficult (I have a lot of UFOs). If you see your work posted here and I haven’t credited you, please let me know and I will remedy the situation immediately. Also, please be assured that I have no intention of ever profiting from someone else’s work. Being a designer myself and being aware of the work involved in creating a pattern, I have no desire to steal from others. Any work not designed by me will be posted merely to show off my needlework skills – it will not at any time be for sale.

On that note, please respect my copyright and those of the other designers whose work is shown on this blog. Please do not duplicate anything you may see here unless you have written permission to do so.

From time to time I may post freebies. Please do not copy them and share them with your friends. Please direct your friends to this blog so that they can download their own copy and see what else is available here.

All comments will be moderated so as to protect my readers from spam. Any offensive or abusive comments will be deleted. No racism, homophobia, or bigotry of any kind will be tolerated on this blog: everyone is welcome here.

The name of this blog is derived from the cactus whose flower I generally use as an avatar: Mammillaria rhodantha, the common name of which is Rainbow Pincushion. I suppose one of these days I’ll have to design a pincushion with a rainbow on it.

This is my first blog and I’m not familiar with Blogger’s software, so please bear with me while I learn the ropes and settle into a posting style. I hope to have my first design and weekly update posted within the next few days, depending on my schedule.

*Insert banal closing remarks here*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the captcha, folks, but when I turned it off I got a ton of spam. Also, all comments are moderated to prevent any internet nastiness. However, I'd love to hear from nice people who don't have anything to sell. :)