Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Finished - Feathers To and Fro Towel, New Project - Purple Passage

On Monday I finished the towel using part of the Feathers To and Fro pattern from Learn to Make Monk’s Cloth Afghans by Marilyn T. Magly.

 


I’ve revised my opinion of the Charles Craft towel a bit upwards: after washing, the appearance improved greatly and you can’t even see the snags from the packaging anymore. However, the towel is too small and thin to be anything but decorative. If I want more practical towels I’ll have to buy some huck fabric and make my own.

My next Swedish weaving project is Purple Passage from Learn to Make Monk’s Cloth Afghans by Marilyn T. Magly. I’m stitching it on a 15”x18” piece of 14-ct. turquoise aida using purple shades of #5 perle cotton. (Note: My camera refused to photograph these colors correctly, so I’ve had to adjust them manually. So, if you notice any discrepancies in color amongst these pictures, that’s why.)

Here’s what I had done as of Monday:




I still plan to post a weekly update later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the captcha, folks, but when I turned it off I got a ton of spam. Also, all comments are moderated to prevent any internet nastiness. However, I'd love to hear from nice people who don't have anything to sell. :)