Friday, May 2, 2014

Weekly Update

This week was all about quilting.

First, Pam Buda of Heartspun Quilts has started another sew-along. This one's called Market Day. Pam posted Part 1 last Friday, and I finished it on Saturday.


Yep, just that one little 3" block. :) She gave us a bit more to do this week.

That one just whetted my appetite for piecing, so I also did 2 more flying geese blocks for Around the Town by Dawna Baker.


Next, I got quite a bit done on the potholders. I finally started binding the 2 blocks for the first potholder together, which was a bit of a challenge since I'm dealing with slightly wonky blocks. I overestimated the width of binding needed for the double layer, but I'm not going to redo it. I'll make sure, however, to cut the strips for the remaining sides the proper width.

 


I finished quilting another one of the blocks.

 


I also basted the last 2 blocks together and started quilting one of them.

 

 

 


Finally, I did some more quilting on Batik Cascade (Batik Go-Round) by Karen Combs.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the captcha, folks, but when I turned it off I got a ton of spam. Also, all comments are moderated to prevent any internet nastiness. However, I'd love to hear from nice people who don't have anything to sell. :)