Friday, January 6, 2012

Weekly Update - Bright Feathers & Barefoot Summer Days

I've been too busy to write a post the last couple of days, but here's what I had done on Wednesday.

I made a little progress on Bright Feathers.

I got quite a bit done on the first strip of Barefoot Summer Days, a scrap afghan designed by Kathy Wesley.

Also, I finally got around to washing the monk's cloth today, and it's in the dryer as I'm typing this. They weren't kidding when they said it would shrink: the weave's already a lot tighter after just having been washed in cold water.


  1. can't wait on your monks cloth update i bought me a package today. we will see what happens.
    keep us posted.

  2. I took pictures yesterday and plan to post them when I have time, in my next weekly update at the latest. It really shrank, and it looks and feels like a completely different fabric.

    I've done more posts on my experiences preparing this stuff. They're marked with the tag "monk's cloth".


Sorry about the captcha, folks, but when I turned it off I got a ton of spam. Also, all comments are moderated to prevent any internet nastiness. However, I'd love to hear from nice people who don't have anything to sell. :)