Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Weekly Update

I'm getting bored working on the same one or two projects all the time, so I've decided to try something new.  Since I do so many different types of needlework, I figure that if I keep one project for each type of needlework out I should have enough variety to keep from getting bored and still actually finish things occasionally. It should make the blog a bit more interesting to look at as well. So, I plan to have one each of the following types of projects going at all times: crochet, cross stitch, knitting, blackwork, Swedish weaving, quilting, and finishing.

For my Swedish weaving project, I'm still working on the Feathers To and Fro afghan from Learn to Make Monk’s Cloth Afghans by Marilyn T. Magly. I got a little bit done on it this week.


My current quilting project is still Batik Cascade (Batik Go-Round) by Karen Combs.  I got the 3rd row done and sewn to the first 2 rows.


For my cross stitch project, I pulled out Brilliant Butterfly Celebration from The Gold Collection by Dimensions again. You can see how far I'd gotten on it last time here. The first square section is completely done now, backstitching and all.


I haven't pulled out any crochet, knitting, or blackwork projects yet, but I have plenty of UFOs to choose from. I have a finishing project in mind, but I have to wait for next payday before I can buy supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the captcha, folks, but when I turned it off I got a ton of spam. Also, all comments are moderated to prevent any internet nastiness. However, I'd love to hear from nice people who don't have anything to sell. :)