Friday, October 5, 2012

Weekly Update

All these pics are from Wednesday. I've just been too busy/tired to post before today.

Quilting:

I finally finished Part 13 of Forget Me Not, a sew-along by Pam Buda of Heartspun Quilts.


For Part 14, Pam showed us her completed quilt top and encouraged us to play around with the setting. So I did.

Here's how my quilt would look with Pam's setting:


And here are some of my setting ideas:

 

 

 


I decided that I liked the "bowtie" setting best, so I tweaked the placement of the blocks and came up with the setting I plan to use:


Blackwork:

I finished a couple of squares on the Blackwork Chessboard by Anne MacGregor.

 

 


Cross Stitch:

I got a bit done on Elements of Nature I, which is adapted from the artwork of Jennifer Pugh.


Swedish Weaving:

I made some good progress on the Feathers To and Fro afghan from Learn to Make Monk’s Cloth Afghans by Marilyn T. Magly.


Crochet:
I finished 4 more leaves for the 2nd panel of the Morning Glory afghan designed by Michele Maks for a total of 15 out of 26 needed.


Knitting:

I did some more embroidery on the center panel of the Octopus Garden Blanket by Georgia Vincent.


Finishing:

Then we have Tech Support, a design by Linda Connors of Calico Crossroads®, adapted from the artwork of Kathleen Kelly of Kats by Kelly™. I was about halfway through sewing the 3rd border strip on when I noticed that the bottom border strip was one square off, which of course threw the whole thing out of whack.  So, I had to frog the 3rd strip and enough of the bottom border so that it would lay flat when I resewed it. Then I resewed and pressed the bottom border. The pic may look the same as the last one, but I promise there is a slight but important difference.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the captcha, folks, but when I turned it off I got a ton of spam. Also, all comments are moderated to prevent any internet nastiness. However, I'd love to hear from nice people who don't have anything to sell. :)