Friday, April 26, 2013

Weekly Update

Quilting:

I did some more work on the 1st border of Around the Town by Dawna Baker.


I did some more quilting on Batik Cascade (Batik Go-Round) by Karen Combs.
 


Blackwork:

I'm still working on the same square of the Blackwork Chessboard by Anne MacGregor.


Cross Stitch:

I made a bit of progress on Joy of Computer Work which is based on artwork by Randal Spangler and adapted to cross stitch by Michele Sayetta of Heaven and Earth Designs.
 


Swedish Weaving:

I made some more progress on the Feathers To and Fro afghan from Learn to Make Monk’s Cloth Afghans by Marilyn T. Magly.


Crochet:

I did 2 more tulips for the Purple Passion Throw designed by Vicki Marshall, sewed them together to form a butterfly, and started crocheting a star.


Knitting:

I'm still working on the top border of the Octopus Garden Blanket by Georgia Vincent.
 


Finishing:

Finally, for my next finishing project I pulled out the Tree Frog Trio (designer unknown) based on No Evil Frogs by Royce B. McClure.

This one has turned out to be a bit of a learning experience. I found just the right fabrics, happily cut out all of the pieces, laid them all out, sat back to admire my work, and quickly realized my mistake:


I forgot to allow for the width of the border when calculating the length of the pieces. *headdesk* Fortunately, it can be fixed. For the border I can simply cut corner squares out of the green fabric, and there's just enough of the orange left to piece the binding. In future, I'll make sure to sketch the layout before cutting so that I can see what size the pieces need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the captcha, folks, but when I turned it off I got a ton of spam. Also, all comments are moderated to prevent any internet nastiness. However, I'd love to hear from nice people who don't have anything to sell. :)