Friday, April 5, 2013

Weekly Update - Morning Glory Afghan Finished

This week I decided to concentrate on the Morning Glory afghan and finally get it done, so I didn't work on any of my other projects.

So, after a week of frantic crocheting (and straining my elbow), here's the Morning Glory afghan, designed by Michele Maks and crocheted by me!

 

 


And now we are so happy, we do the dance of joy!


That makes one project completed toward my goal of using up all of my acrylic yarn.

Since the big box that this project was in is now available, I've gathered all of my leftover acrylic yarn into one place.


While I was going through my stash I discovered that I still had some bulky and novelty acrylic yarn. This got put in the laundry room for my neighbors to take if they want it.


Then there's this mess:


Unfortunately, one of the colors I used in Morning Glory happened to be a bad dye lot and I didn't realize it until I was well into the project. That pile of scraps is what was left after I cut the bad spots out of the yarn and wound the usable bits into balls. This crap got thrown away because life is too short to fight with bad yarn.

So, next week will be back to what passes for normal around here, although I'll probably do more cross stitching and less knitting and crocheting so that I can rest my elbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the captcha, folks, but when I turned it off I got a ton of spam. Also, all comments are moderated to prevent any internet nastiness. However, I'd love to hear from nice people who don't have anything to sell. :)