Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Weekly Update

Quilting:

I did some more work on the 1st border of Around the Town by Dawna Baker.


I did some more quilting on Batik Cascade (Batik Go-Round) by Karen Combs.
 


Blackwork:

I finished that square on the Blackwork Chessboard by Anne MacGregor, did a blank square, and started on the next square.


Cross Stitch:

I decided to put Fish City away and start a new project: Joy of Computer Work, based on artwork by Randal Spangler and adapted to cross stitch by Michele Sayetta of Heaven and Earth Designs.  This is meant to be stitched over one thread on 25 count linen, but I'm doing it on 28 count Monaco because I am insane that's what I had on hand.


Swedish Weaving:

I made some more progress on the Feathers To and Fro afghan from Learn to Make Monk’s Cloth Afghans by Marilyn T. Magly.


Crochet:

I pulled out the next UFO I need to complete to reach my goal of using up all of my acrylic yarn. It's the Purple Passion Throw designed by Vicki Marshall. (I couldn't find any online info for Ms. Marshall or any online pictures of the afghan.)


Here's what I had already done:


The octagonal motif is called a star, the small oval motif is called a tulip, and 4 tulips are sewn together to form a butterfly.

This week I crocheted one tulip.


Unfortunately, when I checked it against the ones I had already done, it was just a bit too big. The gauge for this pattern is one of those obnoxious ones where the designer only gives you the finished size of the motifs, so you have to crochet an entire piece before you can even check to see if your tension is correct. So, I'm going to have to try again with a smaller hook and rip this week's work out. Grrrr.

Knitting:

I finished knitting the first corner of the Octopus Garden Blanket by Georgia Vincent and started on the second.


Finishing:

Finally, I started sewing the 4th binding strip to the back of Tech Support, a design by Linda Connors of Calico Crossroads®, adapted from the artwork of Kathleen Kelly of Kats by Kelly™.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the captcha, folks, but when I turned it off I got a ton of spam. Also, all comments are moderated to prevent any internet nastiness. However, I'd love to hear from nice people who don't have anything to sell. :)