Sunday, August 12, 2012

Forget Me Not Sew-Along Parts 1 & 2 - Finished

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm participating in another sew-along. This one's by Pam Buda of Heartspun Quilts, and it's called Forget Me Not. It's a miniature quilt measuring 18"x27" and consisting of 12 blocks. Pam plans to post 2 blocks each week. Parts 1 & 2 were posted this past Friday.

Pam offered a kit for this project, but I opted to use fabrics from my stash. However, I did cheat a bit on the color choices by using a color-themed batik scrap bag.

So, here are my first 2 blocks, hand pieced as usual. I finished them this morning.


I got a bit of a surprise when I started cutting the fabric for these blocks. I have a glitch in my brain that makes measurements of any kind meaningless to me; I can't determine distance, length, volume, time, etc., unless I actually measure it. So, when planning for this quilt, I read the finished size, the block size, and the fabric requirements and it still didn't dawn on me how tiny the individual patches would end up being (The smaller triangles in the first block are only 1 1/8"!) until I actually started marking and cutting the fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the captcha, folks, but when I turned it off I got a ton of spam. Also, all comments are moderated to prevent any internet nastiness. However, I'd love to hear from nice people who don't have anything to sell. :)