Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Weekly Update

I've been bitten by the quilting bug, and I've got it bad. I'm still working on Batik Cascade and the BOTM, but I've just decided to join another sew-along which starts late next week, I've got 3 more quilts planned, I have a kit I haven't started, and I have 2 sets of novelty fabric that I need to design quilts for which will probably make at least 3 more quilts. So that's a total of at least 10 projects and I've yet to finish my first quilt top. Good grief! I'm having fun, though. :)

Speaking of that first quilt top, I got another row finished on Batik Cascade (Batik Go-Round) by Karen Combs and started on the next.


That makes 10 rows done and just 3 more left to do. I plan to go ahead and start quilting it right away, but I'll have to order backing fabric and buy batting and quilting thread first which I won't be able to do until after next paycheck, and I hope to have it finished before then. So, I'll probably start piecing the next quilt while I'm waiting. I washed and ironed some of the fabric for that one today, so I'll be set to go when I finish piecing Batik Cascade.

Don't worry, this isn't turning into a quilting blog. I'll wake up some morning and decide I need a break from quilting and get back to my other projects. In the meantime, I'm up to my eyeballs in fabric and loving it. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the captcha, folks, but when I turned it off I got a ton of spam. Also, all comments are moderated to prevent any internet nastiness. However, I'd love to hear from nice people who don't have anything to sell. :)