Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Weekly Update

Quilting:

I finally got some real work done on Churn Dash, the January installment of the Block of the Month series by Deanne Eisenman of Snuggles Quilts.
 


I did some more work on Around the Town by Dawna Baker.


I finished piecing the backing for Batik Cascade (Batik Go-Round) by Karen Combs.
 


Blackwork:

I'm still working on the same square on the Blackwork Chessboard by Anne MacGregor.
 


Cross Stitch:

I did some more work on Fish City which is adapted from artwork by Stewart Moskowitz.


Swedish Weaving:

I made a little progress on the Feathers To and Fro afghan from Learn to Make Monk’s Cloth Afghans by Marilyn T. Magly... eventually. I think I've done more frogging this month than I normally do in a year. When I sat down with this I discovered that I had made a mistake in the last row I had been working on, so I had to rip it out and redo it.


Crochet:

The Morning Glory afghan designed by Michele Maks is another one that I had to frog this week. I finished the grey section of the third panel, did the first 4 rows of the next green section, then discovered that I was on the wrong side of the fabric. I thought I had turned when the directions said "do not turn", so I frogged the green section and tried again. After 3 rows I realized that I was still on the wrong side, so I took a close look at my work and discovered that I had miscounted the rows in the grey section. So, I frogged the green section again, did another grey row, then started the green again. This time I think I've got it right.


Knitting:

I did some more embroidery on the 1st end panel of the Octopus Garden Blanket by Georgia Vincent.


Finishing:

Finally, I got the 2nd binding strip completely sewn onto Tech Support, a design by Linda Connors of Calico Crossroads®, adapted from the artwork of Kathleen Kelly of Kats by Kelly™, and I trimmed the excess backing & batting.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the captcha, folks, but when I turned it off I got a ton of spam. Also, all comments are moderated to prevent any internet nastiness. However, I'd love to hear from nice people who don't have anything to sell. :)