Friday, January 11, 2013

Weekly Update

Quilting:

Pam Buda of Heartspun Quilts has posted Part 1 of her latest sew-along, Orphans & Scraps. I've been wanting to do a quilt in purple and aqua, and I have enough scraps in those colors left over from Batik Cascade, so that's what I'll be using for this project. Between being sick and crazy busy this week I'm already behind on this one. Hopefully I can catch up this weekend.


Deanne Eisenman of Snuggles Quilts has posted the January installment of her Block of the Month series, Churn Dash.  I haven't gotten farther than choosing the fabrics for this one.


I did some more work on Around the Town by Dawna Baker.


I pressed the seams on the backing for Batik Cascade (Batik Go-Round) by Karen Combs and trimmed the excess off the last piece.


Then I cut and marked the last 2 pieces which will be sewn together and then sewn along the edge of the backing.


Blackwork:

I finished the bit of border I was doing on the Blackwork Chessboard by Anne MacGregor and then started a new square.

 


Cross Stitch:

I did some more work on Fish City which is adapted from artwork by Stewart Moskowitz.


Swedish Weaving:

I made a little progress on the Feathers To and Fro afghan from Learn to Make Monk’s Cloth Afghans by Marilyn T. Magly.


Crochet:

I made really good progress on the Morning Glory afghan designed by Michele Maks. I finished the 2nd panel, sewed it to the 1st, and did the last row of cross stitches on the 1st panel that I couldn't do before because they're right on the edge of the panel.
 


I also did some more crocheting on the 3rd panel.


So, it's the 2nd week of January and I'm already over halfway done with one the projects I need to finish to meet my goals for 2013.

Knitting:

I had a bit of a setback on the Octopus Garden Blanket by Georgia Vincent. I had finished knitting the 1st end panel and had started the embroidery when I noticed that I had dropped a stitch near the beginning. There was no way to fix it without leaving a huge mark, so I had to frog the whole thing and start over. I ended up 3 rows shy of finishing the knitting.


Finishing:

Finally, I finished sewing the first binding strip to the back of Tech Support, a design by Linda Connors of Calico Crossroads®, adapted from the artwork of Kathleen Kelly of Kats by Kelly™.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the captcha, folks, but when I turned it off I got a ton of spam. Also, all comments are moderated to prevent any internet nastiness. However, I'd love to hear from nice people who don't have anything to sell. :)