Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Weekly Update

Quilting:

I did some more work on Around the Town by Dawna Baker.


I finished sewing another piece onto the backing for Batik Cascade (Batik Go-Round) by Karen Combs.


I need to press the seams, trim part of the lightest piece off, and then sew a couple of strips along the edge to make it the right size.

Blackwork:

I finished that square on the Blackwork Chessboard by Anne MacGregor and then did a blank square and some of the border.
 

 

You'll notice that I didn't do the running stitches in the blank square. I've decided that when I finish this as a mini-quilt, I'll do functional quilting stitches with the pearl cotton rather than decorative running stitches.

Cross Stitch:

I did some more work on Fish City which is adapted from artwork by Stewart Moskowitz.


Swedish Weaving:

I made a little progress on the Feathers To and Fro afghan from Learn to Make Monk’s Cloth Afghans by Marilyn T. Magly.


Crochet:

I finished the embroidery on the 2nd panel of the Morning Glory afghan designed by Michele Maks.


I also finished the squares on the 3rd panel, sewed them together, and made a good start on the "trellis" portion of the panel.




Knitting:

I finished the embroidery on the 2nd side panel of the Octopus Garden Blanket by Georgia Vincent and wove in all the ends. Then I started knitting the 1st end panel.


Finishing:

I sewed the first binding strip onto Tech Support, a design by Linda Connors of Calico Crossroads®, adapted from the artwork of Kathleen Kelly of Kats by Kelly™.


Christmas:

Finally, here's what I got done on the Tiny Stocking ornament designed by Jorja Hernandez before I put it away.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the captcha, folks, but when I turned it off I got a ton of spam. Also, all comments are moderated to prevent any internet nastiness. However, I'd love to hear from nice people who don't have anything to sell. :)