Friday, February 8, 2013

Weekly Update

I had this written and ready to post on Wednesday, and then life got in the way. Anyway, here's what I had done as of 2 days ago.

Quilting:

Pam Buda of Heartspun Quilts has posted the last part of her sew-along, Orphans & Scraps.  To be honest, I don't really care for her setting, so I'm doing my own thing on this one. Here's what I have done so far:


I did some more work on Around the Town by Dawna Baker.


I finished rolling the edges on Batik Cascade (Batik Go-Round) by Karen Combs.  It's now ready to be quilted.


The last block in the block of the month has been posted, but I haven't done more than print it out and make a few notes.

Blackwork:

I've finished that square on the Blackwork Chessboard by Anne MacGregor.


Cross Stitch:

I did some more work on Fish City which is adapted from artwork by Stewart Moskowitz.


Swedish Weaving:

I made some more progress on the Feathers To and Fro afghan from Learn to Make Monk’s Cloth Afghans by Marilyn T. Magly.


Crochet:

I finished the crocheting on the 3rd panel of the Morning Glory afghan designed by Michele Maks and made a good start on the embroidery. I did all the cross stitches and started on the lazy daisies.


Knitting:

I started knitting the 2nd end panel of the Octopus Garden Blanket by Georgia Vincent.


Finishing:

Finally, I started stitching the 2nd binding strip to the back of Tech Support, a design by Linda Connors of Calico Crossroads®, adapted from the artwork of Kathleen Kelly of Kats by Kelly™.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Where do I find the pattern to the blackwork chessboard? Is there a link?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Blackwork Chessboard was published in the March 2008 issue (Issue 4) of Cross Stitch Gold.
    http://www.cross-stitching.com/magazines/cross-stitch-gold
    I didn't see it among their back issues, so you might want to try contacting the designer Anne Macgregor.
    http://www.cross-stitching.com/team-profile/anne-macgregor-0
    You could also try ebay.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the captcha, folks, but when I turned it off I got a ton of spam. Also, all comments are moderated to prevent any internet nastiness. However, I'd love to hear from nice people who don't have anything to sell. :)