This was my week for taking failed projects and turning them into something useful.
A while back, I decided to try my hand at crocheting with fabric strips and started to make a bowl:
I soon discovered that not only was cutting fabric into strips a lot of work, but it also took way too much fabric to make a decent-sized object. So I gave up on that and set the bowl aside.
This week, I ripped out the sides of the bowl and remade it into a pad to set my hot iron on.
I also did some more work on the step afghan (pattern here).
When I first started quilting, before I really knew what I was doing, I started the Shining Stars quilt by Lydia Quigley of The Rabbit Factory. I was using inaccurate templates and far too many pins, and the result was a mess. I should, however, be able to make these blocks and pieces into 3 potholders which will at least be useful, if not very pretty.
I'm using this old potholder as inspiration. It's basically 2 potholders bound together on 3 sides to form a pocket. I love this style of potholder because the glove potholders never fit my small hands, and the pocket potholders can also double as a hot pad.
This week, I finished piecing one of the unfinished blocks and started another.
I also started quilting one of the finished blocks.
I finished the 3nd binding strip on the Tree Frog Trio (designer unknown) based on No Evil Frogs by Royce B. McClure and started on the 4th.
I also finished 4 flying geese blocks for Around the Town by Dawna Baker.
I did some more work on Joy of Computer Work which is based on artwork by Randal Spangler and adapted to cross stitch by Michele Sayetta of Heaven and Earth Designs.
Finally, I made some more progress on Mountain Pines from Learn to Make Monk’s Cloth Afghans by Marilyn T. Magly.