Friday, May 11, 2012

Weekly Update

Cross Stitch:

I made good progress on Brilliant Butterfly Celebration from The Gold Collection by Dimensions. The top part of the "frame" is almost done.


Finishing:

I finished the hem on Purple Passage from Learn to Make Monk’s Cloth Afghans by Marilyn T. Magly and started on the beading.


I had originally intended to do netting around the edge, but that didn't work. So I tried fringe at the bottom and that didn't work either. I finally settled on a single row of beads around the edge, but it took me a couple of tries to figure out how to sew them on properly.


Once I'm done with these, I've got to figure out some sort of hanger.

I've decided that I don't much like beading. Darn things are slippery and don't stay where they're put.

Quilting:

I've got the first 4 rows of Batik Cascade (Batik Go-Round) by Karen Combs sewn together.


I've gotten distracted again. Deanne Eisnenman of Snuggles Quilts is doing a Block of the Month (BOTM), and it looked like fun so I decided to join in. She's on the third month already so I have a bit of catching up to do, but not too much. I'll continue to work on Batik Cascade as well.

For May, she's chosen a Rolling Stone block. Every time I see the name of this block the following song starts going through my head.




So far, I've got the first 2 rows of the block almost completely sewn together, and have started the first unit of the third row.


I didn't get anything done on my other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the captcha, folks, but when I turned it off I got a ton of spam. Also, all comments are moderated to prevent any internet nastiness. However, I'd love to hear from nice people who don't have anything to sell. :)