Thursday, July 4, 2013

Weekly Update

Quilting:

I finished the flying geese unit for Around the Town by Dawna Baker that I was working on last week and sewed half of another.


I did some more quilting on Batik Cascade (Batik Go-Round) by Karen Combs.



Blackwork:

I finally finished stitching the Blackwork Chessboard by Anne MacGregor.  This was my first blackwork project. It's also the last time I'll ever use rayon floss -- horrible slippery stuff that tangles and knots far too easily. There's supposed to be running stitches inside the borders of the blank squares; I'll use those as the quilting when I finish the project.


My next blackwork project is Da Capo by Elizabeth Almond.  I couldn't find an online picture of this one.




Cross Stitch:

I made a bit of progress on Joy of Computer Work which is based on artwork by Randal Spangler and adapted to cross stitch by Michele Sayetta of Heaven and Earth Designs.



Swedish Weaving:

I did some more work on the final motif of the Feathers To and Fro afghan from Learn to Make Monk’s Cloth Afghans by Marilyn T. Magly.



Crochet:

I crocheted another tulip for the Purple Passion Throw designed by Vicki Marshall.



Knitting:

I finished the 4th corner on the Octopus Garden Blanket by Georgia Vincent.



I also finished the body and 1 leg of the 1st octopus.



Household:

I did some more work on the washcloth based on pattern #80 (designer unknown) from Leisure Arts' The Big Book of Dishcloths.



Finishing:

Finally, I stitched half of the 1st binding strip to the back of Tree Frog Trio (designer unknown) based on No Evil Frogs by Royce B. McClure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the captcha, folks, but when I turned it off I got a ton of spam. Also, all comments are moderated to prevent any internet nastiness. However, I'd love to hear from nice people who don't have anything to sell. :)