Pam Buda of Heartspun Quilts has started a new sew-along, Nabby's Dowry. Well, actually it started 3 weeks ago, but since the 1st step was to cut out all the pieces for the blocks and sew all the half-square triangles together, I decided to wait until Part 2 and cut and sew the basic units as needed.
So, here's my finished block for Part 2:
I finished another flying geese block for Around the Town by Dawna Baker.
I did some more quilting on Batik Cascade (Batik Go-Round) by Karen Combs.
I did some more work on Da Capo by Elizabeth Almond.
I did some more work on the Rose Cross by Irene O. Thomas.
I did some more work on the final motif of the Feathers To and Fro afghan from Learn to Make Monk’s Cloth Afghans by Marilyn T. Magly.
I finished 2 tulips for the Purple Passion Throw designed by Vicki Marshall, and started a 3rd.
I started blocking the pieces of the octopi for the Octopus Garden Blanket by Georgia Vincent.
I suffered a setback on my washcloths. I was using the finished washcloth from this post when I noticed that the dye was bleeding. Thinking that the yarn just had a bit of loose dye still in it, I decided to try rinsing it until the water ran clear. Several sinkfuls of water later, not only was the water still full of dye, but the thing had dyed my sink aqua! Fortunately I was able to scrub it clean. I threw out that washcloth, the one that was still in progress, and the rest of the yarn.
I was surprised because I had used Sugar'n'Cream yarn in the past with no problems. In fact, I've never bought a yarn where the dye ran like that. However, a quick internet search showed that this is a common problem with Sugar'n'Cream. I'm never buying the stuff again. Life is too short to mess with bad yarn.
Finally, I attached the 2nd binding strip to the Tree Frog Trio (designer unknown) based on No Evil Frogs by Royce B. McClure.